Hof van Busleyden Museum

Numerous large town houses – 'paleizen' – were built in Mechelen in the sixteenth century. Hiëronymus van Busleyden, member of the Great Council, humanist and good friend of Erasmus, had architect Keldermans design a palatial home for him.

From 1619 to the First World War the building was occupied by an organization known as the Berg van Barmhartigheid – or Mountain of Charity -, which loaned money to the poor on an interest-free basis. During the First World War the building was badly damaged, leaving only the walls standing. It was later rebuilt and became the municipal museum.

The Hof van Busleyden Museum is currently closed for building work.



Price

Comfort

Accessibility

Services

Where?

Frederik de Merodestraat 65, Mechelen

Contact